SUNDAY | LET FREEDOM RING
FAIRMOUNT WATERWORKS. A Sunday brunch with The Walnut Club celebrating history in the making with a special awards reception timed to coincide with the Democratic National Convention in the City of Brotherly Love.
THIS YEAR’S HONOREES:
• Lynne Yeakel founder of Vision 2020 and Women’s Way
• Joan Shepp owner of high-end boutique Joan Shepp
• Cynthia Link first female superintentdent of Graterford Prison in Collegeville, Pennsylvania
• Marilyn Russell first female in Philadelphia to host a radio program dedicated to celebrating women for their contributions in their communities or companies
• Leslie Richards first female secretary of Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
• Jeri Lynne Johnson founder of the Black Pearl Orchestra and the first African-American woman to win an international prize for conducting
• Renee Cardwell Hughes the first woman, and first African-American, in history to be appointed CEO of the American Red Cross, Eastern Pennsylvania region
• Rep. Rosita Youngblood the first African-American female member of Pennsylvania House Leadership
• Councilwoman Maria Quiñones-Sánchez the first Latina elected to City Council of Philadelphia
To view some of the images please select this link or the “July 24, 2016 Women Making History Celebration and Awards” album in the right column of this photo weblog.